Renunciation of Pakistani Citizenship


The documents for Renunciation of Pakistani Citizenship could be submitted from 9 am-12 pm on Monday and Tuesday and their collection could be done from 3-5 pm on Thursday and Friday except for holidays.

To renounce Pakistan Nationality, the applicants would have to surrender all their valid and expired passports and computerized national identification cards (CNIC/NICOP/CRC). They are required to submit their application in person at Pakistan High Commission, New Delhi.

Following are the guidelines in this regard:

  • Pakistanis under the age of 21 cannot renounce their citizenship independently. However, their names could be included in the renunciation application of their father.
  • The renunciation fee of INR 7600/- is to be credited to RBL Bank, Vasant Vihar Branch, New Delhi, IFSC Code: RATN0000182, A/C No. 409000494121 in the name of High Commission for Pakistan, New Delhi or could be paid through credit/debit card at the counter in the High Commission in New Delhi. (Additional 3% to be charged as Bank processing charges).
  • Form X(Please click to download) completed and duly signed by the applicant. This form could also be downloaded from the High Commission’s website and is also available at the Consular Section of the High Commission. Form will be attested by the Embassy of Pakistan.
  • All Pakistani passports (valid and expired) in original along with four sets of copies of each passport are required.
  • Assurance letter of nationality from the Indian Government (Mandatory for the processing).
  • Applicant’s tenphotos with white back ground taken within last six months to be provided. All photos must be cut out in size of (2”x 2”) inches.
  • Filled-in Computer Performa(please click to download). This form is also available on our website (under “Download Forms” in the Consular Services Tab/Icon) and at the Consular Section of the High Commission, New Delhi.
  • If the applicant is minor, please provide date and place of birth of the child with original documentary evidence such as Form “B” (ب فارم) or Form “S”  or NICOP/Child Registration Certificate (CRC).
  • Original CNIC/NICOP/CRC to be submitted to the High Commission at the time of renunciation application.
  • An email of the applicant needs to be written on Form X, enabling authorities in Pakistan to contact the applicant directly if some information/documents are needed.
  • Applicants can check status of their application by sending an email on [email protected].